Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
CNA provide care for ill, injured, disabled, or elderly individuals in a variety of health care settings.
The CNA program prepares you for certification as a Nurse Aide. After successfully passing the skills and written certification exams, you will be listed on the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry. The program establishes a solid foundation for students who wish to advance in the medical field.
Course topics include:
- The CNA in the healthcare industry
- Ethical and legal behavior
- Promoting and protecting patient rights
- Communication skills, challenges, and diversity
- Providing basic nursing skills and assisting with daily living
- Providing for the patients’ safety
- Moving, positioning, and transferring patients
- Care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients
State and federal regulations require that students must attend all class, lab, and clinical hours to complete the CNA program. 100% attendance is required.
Any student not achieving competency in class and lab will not be able to attend clinical rotations and test for state certification. Students must maintain a GPA of 70%.
Note: Under the contracts with our clinical sites, we will perform drug screening and background checks on each student. Offenses that will prevent a student from attending the program are:
- Abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation
- Rape, incest, or sodomy
- Child abuse
- Murder or attempted murder
- Assault and battery
Miscellaneous student costs:
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination or signed waiver, AND
- Proof of TB test (negative results) or chest x-ray, AND
- Blood pressure kit (may purchase from Central Tech), AND
- Scrubs and appropriate shoes
CPR though the American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider/Basic Life Support is included in this class. If you posses a current CPR card, it must be AHA CPR/BLS to be accepted in this class.
|Location||Dates||Hours||Days||Times||Tuition||Fees & Supplies||Total Cost|
|Campus: Drumright Campus||Dates: 10/2-10/26||Hours: 104||Days: M-F||Times: 8:00a-3:00p||Tuition: $315||Fees & Supplies: $335||Total Cost: $650|
|Campus: Sapulpa Campus||Dates: 10/30-11/27||Hours: 104||Days: M-F||Times: 8:00a-3:00p||Tuition: $315||Fees & Supplies: $335||Total Cost: $650|
|Campus: Drumright Campus||Dates: 11/16-12/15||Hours: 104||Days: M-F||Times: 8:00a-3:00p||Tuition: $315||Fees & Supplies: $335||Total Cost: $650|