Health Careers is a one-year course for high school junior and seniors which serves as a foundation for anyone preparing for employment in the healthcare field.
This course will provide you with the opportunity to obtain CPR and First Aid certification as well as high school credit for Anatomy & Physiology.
After successful completion of this course, you will have gained their pre-requisites to enroll in the Advanced Health Careers, Medical Assisting, Medical Front Office, or Biomedical Sciences programs the following school year.
Areas of Study
- Core Medical Terminology
- Health Careers Core Curriculum
- Health Unit Clerk (Drumright campus)
- Long Term Care Certified Nurse Aide (Sapulpa campus)
This class varies by campus. Please see the quick reference comparison grid below.
|Anatomy: High School Credit|
|Physiology: High School Credit|
|CPR Basic Life Support (BLS): Through American Heart Association|
|Hands-on simulation activities to experience chronic illness symptoms|
|Guest healthcare provider speakers: Such as doctor, nurse, paramedic, dentist, physical therapist, etc.|
|Healthcare Communication: Sign language alphabet to communicate with deaf patients|
|Healthcare Communication: Importance of nonverbal communication through group projects and role playing|
|Teamwork and Team Building|
|Legal/Ethical Consideration in Healthcare|
|Employability: Resume Writing, Mock Interviews|
|Certified Nurse Aide (CNA): Can sit for certification after successfully completing curriculum|
|Health Unit Clerk: ‘aka’ Health Unit Coordinator|
|Stop the Bleed: Nationally recognized|
For a clearer understanding on some of the topics, please see examples below. Not all examples are annual or on both campuses.
May require additional fees.Read More
- First Aid
- Medication Administration Technician (MAT) – Department of Human Services
- Nursing Assistant – Long Term Care Nurse Aide Certification – Oklahoma State Department of Health
Students, Campus, TimesRead More
- Students: Adult & High School
- Campus: Drumright, Sapulpa
- Times: Morning, Afternoon, Full Day
- School Year: August-May
Similar ProgramsRead More
- Certified Medication Aide (Short-Term)
- Certified Nursing Aide (Short-Term)
- EMT/Paramedic (Short-Term)
- Medication Administration Technician (Short-Term)
- Phlebotomy (Short-Term)